The Golden Horsehoe, ON Territory - The Surgical Product Sales Consultant will be responsible for achieving maximum product sales and profit, increasing the Division’s market share in the designated territory. He/she will be responsible for product sales and service, general management and business record keeping of a designated territory. The incumbent is responsible for staying current in the knowledge of the healthcare industry to reach sales goals, while complying with Olympus’ Policies and Procedures. EOE M/F/D/V
* Identify and pursue business at the account level by making routine calls to existing customers or to new customers. Account here is defined as end user ranging from individual physician to clinic.
* Responsible for providing customer quotes to maximize revenue and profitability.
* Implement business development strategy for all product groups.
* Determine ‘key’ decision-makers and devise plans to establish Olympus product use in individual, major and key accounts.
* Establish and maintain relationships including physician end users, nursing management and personnel.
* Broaden contacts to the highest possible decision-making level in accounts.
* Cooperate and strategize with corresponding territory Sales Consultants from other sales groups to maximize Olympus’ business opportunities.
* Understand and utilize group contacts whenever possible, assuring appropriate compliance and working in conjunction with Regional Vice Presidents.
* Maintain a level of performance in a specified territory that meets or exceeds the sales objective established by the company.
* Develop and maintain effective knowledge of competition, products, strategies, organization, etc.
* Utilize all available Olympus resources and develop sufficient product, procedural and market knowledge to understand the function and use of Olympus products.
* Attend periodic training classes, national and area meetings.
* Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the needs that Olympus products and services meet and how they meet them.
* Provide necessary and appropriate after-sale service to accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue additional business.
* Provide input to Regional Vice Presidents and others regarding sales, sales forecasts, competitive activity, group-contracted business and other requested information.
* Develop and maintain accurate customer information records of key personnel, product usage and developing opportunities.
* Work in close cooperation with Regional Vice President regarding all aspects of territory performance, including overall sales, customer satisfaction, execution of business plan and reporting mechanism.
* Provide proper care and maintenance of Olympus demo and sample equipment.
* Adhere to Olympus Sales Agreement and Company policies and procedures.
* Interface with other Olympus divisions to implement synergistic sales programs.
* Perform other related duties as required.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field (or equivalent knowledge) required.
* A minimum of 1-3 years experience in the medical field with the demonstrated ability to sell on a commission basis required.
* Must possess basic computer skills (MS Office) and strong communication skills (verbal and written).
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
* Must possess a high degree of initiative and creativity and the ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
* A specialized knowledge of human anatomy/physiology and related diseases of the body, where Olympus products might be utilized, is preferred.