Denver, CO - The Field Marketing Manager, Respiratory will be to lead the market development and procedure adoption of EBUS and Peripheral Bronchoscopy and to promote the full line of Bronchoscopy products (including devices) in identified target accounts. The incumbent will target teaching institutions, and large community hospitals to gain support for the procedures. He/she will build close relationship with the directors of the pulmonary and fellowship training institutions and build professional relationships with HCPs as well as professional medical organizations such as ATS, AABIP, AATS, and ACCP. The incumbent will interact closely with the Endoscopy sales organization and Clinical Endoscopy Specialists to ensure focus is being given to the appropriate accounts. He/She will be responsible for executing marketing programs and is the owner of developing promotional dinner- speaker programs within their area. The incumbent will also be the resource for the Respiratory Marketing team, Endoscopy clinical teams as well sales, on relevant clinical research, clinical case studies, white papers etc. He/She will be the go-to person to better understand competitor information and emerging technologies in the respiratory endoscopy field. The incumbent will combine multiple functional attributes such as sales, marketing, clinical knowledge, procedure knowledge; leadership and C level communication skills. EOE M/F/D/V
* Act as the product and procedure expert to drive adoption of EBUS and Peripheral Bronchoscopy.
* Manage HCP relationships within their area and help to identify where Olympus requires HCP expertise to support the business. (While adhering to our code of ethics and compliance guidelines).
* Execute defined marketing initiatives and achieve corporate Management by Objectives and Sales growth objectives.
* Provide skills and resources to enable the sales team to competently influence healthcare professionals and other champions on the purchase of our offerings.
* Secure business intelligence to provide input and feedback to marketing group for key growth areas.
* Identify sales and marketing opportunities and develops pursuit plans and strategies.
* Work with the Director of Marketing to define the field marketing component of the respiratory business plan.
* Work with product marketing and professional education to define HCP needs for the safe and effective use of Olympus equipment.
* Develop and implement a dinner speaker program to promote Olympus Pulmonary Solutions to HCPs.
* Stay informed of relevant clinical studies, papers and other pertinent information and provides an update to product marketing and the CES / CAS teams at least once per month.
* Provide a monthly report, which shows activities and sales tracking.
* Attend medical and industry conventions to meet with HCPs to obtain voice of the customer (VOC), learn of competitive products and positioning, and stay current with developments in the field.
* Provide the sales organization with educational support, marketing resources and guidance on target segmentation and account administration (CRM).
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or healthcare disciplines or equivalent experience is required; advanced business degree is preferred.
* Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of healthcare marketing and/or sales and/or clinical experience.
* Must have experience with selling or directly supporting Olympus endoscopes and devices in the pulmonary lab may require less experience.
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of the Respiratory Endoscopy business and clinical environment is essential.
* Must have experience in developing and managing HCP relationships.
* Must have experience in launching new technologies and procedures.
* Must have proven ability to develop and grow business based on ‘procedure-focused sales’.
* Must have demonstrated success in developing accounts, and installing new procedures in fellowship training programs.
* Must have demonstrated ability to develop and execute marketing plans and lead change.
* Must have ability to interpret trends and data, translating the information into actions and improvements.
* Must have ability to manage, direct and coordinate sales groups and corporate resources.
* Must have experience in interacting with a diverse cross functional team, strong prospecting skills, self starter, capable of independent action, detail oriented, multi-task/time management, ability to internalize technical concepts, products and services.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills at all levels.
* Must have willingness to travel for customer meetings and tradeshows; some international travel required.
* 80% travel required (4 field days, 1 office/administrative day).
The following physical demands are required:
-Frequently Lift/Carry 25 lbs
-Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
-Operate moving vehicles
The following work environments exist:
-Infectious Disease exposure